Brit Newbies

You should join Bevin and the rest of us in town park. You will never regret it and have the time of your life.

And that’s what it is all about! Right on :flower
I am happy to offer up some Denver eateries if you make it back into town :woohoo

Alrighty, Town Parkers, these 2 Brits are considering joining Kamp Duk Tape for the Town Park experience and will be selling their single day tickets. Let us know if you come across a pair of Town Park tickets for these Festivirgins!

I just called Tom who just posted two town park tickets so you have them if you want. Looking forward to seeing you in Telluride.

Oh yeah … that’s how it happens!! KABOOM :medal

It is a grand community and one im proud to be part of. Spirit of festival indeed

What a community! I’ve never experienced anything like this!

Thanks Bevin and Al, I’ll definitely take those off your/Toms hands. I look forward to seeing you all around Town Park!!

Andy

Congratulations Andy! See you in camp!

Now you are getting a late start on your training program. You need to study Hippie’s Training Guide found here on the forum a little ways down here. You may be able to substitute the “getting on the roof of a tall building to ready yourself for drinking at altitude”, with your 12 hour flight. You’ll have to pack much alcohol consumption into that 12 hours at 30k. You may be able to talk the flight attendant into setting up an obstacle course in the aisle and around the loo. That would be very helpful. Of course it would be far better if they could turn off the lights in the cabin during practice, as that is a much more realistic situation when trying to access said loo.

See you after training!
Cheers! :cheers

The Valley of the Full Moon is full magical experiences. The difference between your original plans to do Thursday and Sunday and camp by yourselves and being in town park is like one going to the Olympics and seeing some obscure events like fencing and actually competing in the 100 meter gold medal race. Which you might be doing in the running of the tarps. Prepare for your life to be changed. The duck tape folks will take good care of you.

Anyone have an extra 4-man tent we could loan Andy & Co? I’ve committed all of my large tents to others who are flying in and am hoping to avoid cramming these guys and their luggage into a 3-person backpacking tent. Let me know; otherwise I may try to get my last, large, old, spare, torn tent to work…

I have one, but it may just be 7x7. Could maybe use two smaller tents… one for storage and one for sleeping? I also have a 10x10 if I can find the poles. I’ll bring both tents but you may want to bring yours as well just in case I can’t find the poles. The 7x7 I haven’t had out in several years so not sure of the condition. It’s probably ok but you never know.

I’m planning on being there late Friday or early Saturday. You can ask Debbie to help track me down. :slight_smile:

WhooHoo! Im still recovering over here! Fantastic, amazing, unbelievable dont seem to do this festival justice. :butterfly

Im wondering how these two Brit newbies fared?

See ya’ll next year :dancing

They did great! I think they were blown away by the whole thing.

Just take a look at their faces in the latest FestiMotivator … first row on left. I’d say their pretty stoked!

They made it for the BANANAS photo!! What a blast with these two. :cheers

We certainly did! Thanks all for making us feel so very welcome.

It was a tough drive back to Denver, and an even tougher flight back to the UK, and an even tougher wake-up this morning to the Brexit!

Maybe I’ll be coming back sooner than next June…

Kinda crazy … i know when I lived in York in the first part of the century, quite few friends had mixed feelings being a part of the EU. Interesting and exciting times we live in.

this is ALL awesome

If the Brits are coming back next year we are going to need more Jello shots. :wink:

We can make that happen!