Town Park Home-Brew & Tasting Event

So what do I have to do to get in on that Porter! :cheers Which happens to be my fav beer . . . you sure are working hard . . . .

Ouch :eek sounds like you had QUITE the brew session. Guess I’ll have to commit to another one so we can keep you in line :wink: Let’s make time for one really soon.

:cheers :mad :cheers

A girl who likes dark beer… YES! I’ll have it on tap in the Town Park camping area next to Teluride Tom’s set-up. Also where Hippie Jerry hosts the Oyster Feed. And, I might serve it at the Homebrew Tasting. If this first batch turns-out, I may brew an extra batch to avoid running out.

Kaptain Karlos :cheers your hard-working homebrewer…

Karlos!
We need to get together and brew a batch of LlamaLlager. I just can’t stand all this talk about homebrew. :thumbsup :thumbsup

:cheers

Hey Jerry! You know where my home-brewery is. Pick a date and come on up the mountain! Bring all your kegs. I’ll fill the ones you don’t.

Karlos :wave

"Get a life you guys. " Karlos said as he dragged the large buckets near the rear stairs of the house. Karlos stood looking at the big mountains to the north. ‘I am on top of the world’ and ‘I have a life’ he thought as the instant home brew mix slowly disolved with the steady stir.

“I wonder if they’ll fall for it again this year, Buckley?” Karlos asked his rusty colored companion and then rubbed the dog’s back. “Yuck Buckley, what did ya roll in this time?” The hair and mess smelled terrible. Whatever it was, it sure was dead. Knowing he only had 15 minutes before picking up his new Lotus Karlos eased the mess off his hand with the wooden spoon from the large bucket and dropped the spoon back into the bucket. After rinsing his hands in the hose Karlos returned for one final stir of the home brew mix and found that the color had changed. It had become the color of Buckley’s fir.

“Well, look at that! I’ll just have to call this ‘Buckley’s Brew’!” Karlos laughed as he dragged the bucket into the sun where it would sit and firment for the next two months before he added the three cases of Old Milwaukee and give it a good stir for luck.

Three months later…
“Wow, this Home Brew is great! Tastes… almost… roasted!.. with just a little bite this time. What did you do different Kaptain Karlos?”

“Ceder and Redwood barrel” Karlos toasted as he chuckled to himself… with a little dead squirel and dirty dog!

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Good one Hope :clap

I’ve been wonderin what was going on with the lack of squirrels around Karlo’s new cabin :wink:

Truth be known, when it comes to brewing, I call the Kapt Mr Clean.

I can’t really testify to his bathing habits though. :evil

Bathing habbits??? From one who prides himself on going ten days without showering? :festivarian

I keep myself as clean as a fermentor :angel

The Kaptain

Does that mean you are sterile? :evil :evil :evil

I must chime in here and say that, to my knowledge, the Kaptain has never offended the olfactory… and I’ve camped with the man! It must be that good brew he drinks… :cheers … cleans him from the inside out.

oops… there’s a visual :rolleyes… sorry!

xoxo MG :sunshine

:frowning:

I just don’t know about that… any female out there care to help me find out? (I can see the line forming in front of my tent at Telluride…)

The Kaptain :cheers

Hmmm… olfactory… Ole Mr. Webster defines olfactory as: Of or relating to the sense of smell.

I get it! Your must be refering to FARTS! :lol

Oh Rhonny… you didn’t see or hear what I did in your tent while you were away… :evil

The Kaptain

We may have a new entry this year… We are trying our hand at making some mead.

Mmmmmeeead! I had some of that when I went to Ireland last September, and I told myself that I need to learn how to make it. So I will be stopping by your tent for sure to get a taste and maybe some brewing tips.

mmmmmmmm…mead is yummy warm, which by the sounds of it may come in handy for those nippy Telluride nights :wink:

I confess to being one of the best tasters this side of the Mississippi River. East Side. I will be willing to taste all beverages in an effort to obtain a good understanding of what it is that might be smoldering in that there container. Clear stuff scares me as I have been left semi unconcious more than once. As long as I am not driving, I have been noted to take a good snort of the clear juice. I would prefer to be in familiar surroundings as my good natured self leaves me and another party animal takes ahold of my well being. Often times leaving me in a state of bewilderment. If this is the sort of taste testing you have in mind, count me in.

With all due respect to the Debbie and hubby from Tucson and what I am sure will be a very good mead…

A close second to that kick-ass TCP that he brews, is James’ mead… now that is MY version of “comfort alcohol”…

xoxo MG (Rhonny)

no worries Larry, bring it all! there are no camp fires allowed, therefore, no campfire dancing to worry about :wink: :cheers :drive

So, is the homebrew tasting done in one area or do we get to tour the campground stopping at everyone’s spot to try their personal brew?

It has been in one spot, but we have talked about making it into a scavanger hunt type thing where you had a list of beers to taste, and you had to find them. :cheers