Official 2011 Pre-fest Activities Schedule

I bet it outshines that little deal over at Westminster Abbey today. :hop :clap :hop

The schedule has been updated. :flower

Just waiting on the daily schedule so we’ll know who’s playing before the annual festivarian photo shoot on Thursday. :thumbsup

A quick note about the Oyster feed and set warmer… We really intend for this to be an appetizer and finger food party, you are welcome to bring finger food and a beer cup. Dinner before the tropical Tuesday party should probably be in your camp :wink:

:peace

I’m curious about the Grateful Dead set at the Tiki bar on the 15th at 2pm. This is live, right? Who picks the tunes? Is it worth getting there?

Yes, it’s worth it. Tiki hosts some great afternoon sets. Bring a lawn chair. I caught the entire Neil Young set last year so consider catching that on Tuesday too, if possible.

Hi Tom,

We newbies are going to have a special contest for you guys. We will have items for you to collect from us all day Wednesday and we will be presenting the winner with a special prize. Can you add that detail into the Wed night Shenanigans at TP? Depending of course on the TP security letting us not staying there in.

Lara

Totally worth it. Tunes will be picked by Town Park veteran camper and entertainer, Pete Kartsounes, who came in second place, I believe, in last year’s Troubadour Contest. Pete is a true professional and is usually backed up by some other fine pickers as well, the Flagstaff guys from Gravy.

It’s a true Town Park tradition at this point. It almost doesn’t matter what Pete plays - it’s all so dang good.

I am bringing the dome if I have to strap it to my honda and come down solo! But, we are gonna round up some more tickets and get the rest of the crew down for sure.

As of now the specifics are, I have a TP ticket and Meowzer (one of the Mels) has hers. She is flying into Denver on Monday, so, if we don’t find more tickets, I am solo running the New Years Eve party Sunday night, unless some brave Portland souls come to manifest their tickets on-site. Mel (the other one), Saul & Daniel are prepared to come down if they find tickets. Ben (dready Ben) is on the fence because he is going to Turkey for a few weeks right after and not sure if he can afford both (having a ticket, however, would be very influential in that decision).

So basically, that’s 2 down and 4 to go for the full crew’s commitment. If anyone has any ideas as to how to get my homies down this year, I’m all ears. I don’t think my car can carry enough champagne, but there is no way I can let the Camp Cascadia legacy die at this young age.

I can’t wait to see all you sexy humans!!

I feel a disturbance in The Force. It’s another ticket about to come your way. I’m sure of it…

Ah, the force is strong with this one…

Pete was troubadour runner up 2 years ago, honorable mention last year, and has been chosen once again this year as a finalist and will be competing in Elk’s Park throughout the festival - and of course camping/picking at the Tiki/Cascadia camps and everywhere else in TP throughout the week. Incidentally, he will also be playing the NW String Summit near Portland this summer as well as Camp Cascadia’s very own music festival The Camp Cascadia RainDance at Horning’s Hideout Oct. 7-9 this fall - and, YES!, you are all invited :flower

I also wanted to mention regarding New Years Eve, the schedule (thanks Tom for putting that together) list the party as starting at 11pm, but it really begins when you get there. We will have the toast at midnight of course, but we’ll be going long before that. I think the general rule is the Goddess Walkabout ends at the NYE party and things get silly from there…

YAY!

It’s in the schedule. :thumbsup

As of now the specifics are, I have a TP ticket and Meowzer (one of the Mels) has hers. She is flying into Denver on Monday, so, if we don’t find more tickets, I am solo running the New Years Eve party Sunday night, unless some brave Portland souls come to manifest their tickets on-site.

You won’t be running anything alone…no matter what shakes down…you will be surrounded by freaky tiki love and champagen on New Year’s eve…But, I’m still confident you will ALL get there…seems there are always tix on the bathroom etc. once we get there, right? I’ll see you soon, my love:)

In Peace,
Michelle

mmm…apparently I don’t know how to use the quote option…No wonder I’m still a small member…and I can’t spell champagne…and yes, I realize that it’s not actually new year’s eve on Sunday pre-fest. Festivaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal!!!

When you hit the “quote” button in the upper right of a post it will put the original post within brackets [ quote ]. At the end of the original post will be the end marker “/” and closing brackets.
If you make your reply AFTER those closing brackets "[ / quote] it will appear by itself.
Hope that makes sense. :flower
You’re not alone… Useless can’t figure it out either. :lol

Nanny-nanny boo-boo…I did it! I hope.
Well, here goes nothin!

woohoo! Thanks Tom!

You’re welcome. :thumbsup

Ditto that thanks…(if this works???)

Now, what do you have to help me with my math skills? :lol :rolleyes :eek